11 MONTHS / 43 CREDITS
Medical assistant technicians work with doctors, nurses and patients in a variety of healthcare settings, including medical offices, clinics, laboratories, X-ray facilities and hospitals. This program is designed to prepare graduates for entry level employment as medical assistant technicians.
- Basic medical terminology, anatomy, human diseases, pharmacology
- Basic medical office procedures and clinical medical assisting skills.
Front office procedures such as:
- Handling patient accounts and records, word processing, and scheduling of patients.
Back office procedures such as:
- Taking patient histories and vital signs
- Preparing patients for procedures
- Assisting the physician with examinations and treatments
- Performing selected diagnostic tests as directed by the physician
- Basic medical laboratory and X-ray procedures
Are You Ready to …
- Assist physicians during examinations
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Perform basic laboratory tests
- Sterilize medical instruments
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Draw blood
- Take electrocardiograms
- Remove sutures
- Update and file patients’ medical records,
- Arrange for hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Greet patients
- Schedule appointments
- Take medical histories
- Record vital signs
- Explain treatment procedures to patients
- Prepare patients for examinations
is strongly committed to providing you with all the information necessary to make an informed decision. Please note that you should download or review the document(s) provided below (GE Disclosures – where applicable) and to the right (Catalog/Supplements/Addendums)
in order to have a complete understanding of the programs and services offered by .